The Logistic Curve is one of the three new product models used in the New Product forecasting method, but it is also a stand-alone forecasting technique. For additional information, please see New Product Forecasting.
To use Logistic Curve forecasting technique:
- Click on the Forecast Method tab.
- In the Forecast Technique area, scroll through the list of methods and select Logistic Curve. The Logistic Curve Forecasting technique displays.
- Select Edit parameters to activate Logistic Curve’s parameters.
- In the Value Limit area, select the minimum and maximum values.
- Select either Optimized or Fixed.
Option Description Optimized Optimize the maximum value specified. The maximum value might be changed to a value lower than specified but this is done to optimize the forecast generates. Fixed Maximum value set is used as the maximum for the created forecast.
- Click Finish.