Forecasting in a Down Economy: Lessons from the Front Line (Past Event)
Given today’s economic climate, forecasting has become a more critical element of supply chain planning than ever before. Demand and inventory planners are on the hot seat to deliver accurate forecasts and remove excess inventories just when economic turmoil make these tasks even harder.
Dr. Larry Lapide, of MIT will moderate a panel that includes supply chain planners from some of the hardest hit industries like automotive and building products. These industry leaders will discuss techniques and technologies they are using to keep their supply chains running smoothly.
During this webinar our panelists will discuss:
- Including economic factors as forecasting variables
- Planning demand at more granular levels
- Increasing collaboration with sales
- Updating inventory plans on a daily basis
- Adopting shelf level planning using POS data
Supply chain panelists include:
- Jonathan Sparks, VW Forecasting Specialist
- Tom Danieli, VW Inventory & Allocation Specialist
- Bill Oakley, Director Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning, Masonite
Please join MIT, Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine and John Galt Solutions on February 10 to learn more.
Register now for access to the presentation.Back to Content Library