As a Senior Supply Chain / Implementation Consultant with John Galt Solutions, you will undoubtedly work with one of the most successful and exciting implementation teams in the industry, leading process design and implementation efforts. Your role will be to apply real-world and academic knowledge to a variety of business processes across different industries. The Senior Consultant wears many hats, supporting the pre-sales cycle through product demonstrations and process audits, as well as providing industry and client feedback into the product roadmap.
The Senior Supply Chain consultant will partner with the Project Manager to escalate risks and issues, manage scope and client expectations, and support the entire project lifecycle. You will be responsible for facilitating on-site and web-based sessions with clients to define future state processes, perform gap analysis and provide recommendations, as well as drive System Configuration and User Acceptance Testing.
A successful candidate must possess proven interpersonal, consulting, and application skills and serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more of the following: Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Inventory Management, Rough Cut Capacity Planning and Production Planning.
This position will require excellent communication, customer service, analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to travel up to 40%.
DESIRED & SKILLS and EXPERTISE
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on supply chain best-practices in the areas of sales and operations planning
- Participate in the requirements gathering process to gain clear understanding of clients’ requirements and ensure the system provides required business functionality
- Coach and mentor team members and clients on supply chain processes
- Create and modify procedures and system documentation throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide ongoing support to customers during and post-implementation via phone and e-mail
Solution and Configuration
- Lead the client in configuring the John Galt product suite with client-specific solutions
- Install and configure our software products, perform user training for our software and customized reporting
- Provide product and process training to clients
- Manage customer expectations and project scope, escalating where necessary
- Deliver projects on-time and in-budget in coordination with John Galt Project Manager
- Support the rollout phase of the product implementations, and create supplemental documentation
- Drive client testing with Test Scenarios across System Configuration and UAT
- Drive product enhancements through active feedback to development department regarding innovations and improvements to the software
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to sales and marketing teams on RFPs and demo requirements
- Support Sales needs with client demonstrations and SOW definition
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years’ proven experience with Supply Chain / Demand Planning business processes
- 2+ years consulting experience with medium-size companies
- 3+ years’ experience in configuring Supply Chain, Logistics, or ERP solutions
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management is a plus
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including client and partner management
- Experience in full Implementation Project Life Cycle, from requirements gathering to go-live
- Proven experience in delivering projects on time and in budget
- Experience implementing supply chain software is a plus
- Exposure to SQL, databases, or light programming is a plus